Question: Which foreign company has recently agreed to build an engine with the Indian Automobile Company Force Motors?
- On September 12, 2017, the Indian Automobile Company Force Motors and the British company, the Rolls-Royce power system, agreed to build the railway and electric utility engines.
- This is a joint venture in which Force Motors and Rolls-Royce will invest 300 crores till the start of production.
- A plant will be set up in Chakan Pune, for construction of the engine, which is estimated to be operational in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2018-2019.
- Force Motors makes engines for other automobile companies such as Mercedes, BMW.
- Rolls-Royce is a multinational company that is a pioneer in engine manufacturing of crafts engines of defense products as well as engines, rail and electric products.