Question: Which e-commerce company recently launched the ‘Global Sailing Program’ to make Indian products available to global markets?
(c) Tata Click
- On September 26, 2017, Indian FMCG Company Dabur signed an agreement with America’s e-commerce company Amazon to sell herbal and Ayurvedic products in US, Canada and Mexico.
- At present, Dabur will sell 30 products to Amazon, which will add up to 80 new products in 6 months.
- 30% of Dabur India’s income comes from the global market.
- Amazon has launched Global Sailing Program to sell Indian products in every parts of the world.
- Recently, Dabur has created an online market place with the help of Amazon, on which the sale of herbal and Ayurvedic products will be done. Apart from Dabur, Patanjali, Himalaya etc. will also be able to sell their products.