Question- European Space Agency (ESA) has successfully launched Aeolus satellite .Which of the following is true about satellite?
(a)It will measure winds around the globe.
(b)It will be helpful in understanding climate change.
(c)Both a and b.
- ESA’s Earth Explorer Aeolus satellite has been launched into polar orbit on a Vega rocket.
- Aeolus will measure winds around the globe and play a key role in our quest to better understand the workings of our atmosphere. It will also improve weather forecasting.
- Aeolus was the son of a mortal king and an immortal nymph, in Greek mythology he was considered as “keeper of the winds”.
- Aeolus carries the first instrument of its kind and uses a completely new approach to measuring the wind from space.
- This new mission will provide information about how the wind influences the exchange of heat and moisture between Earth’s surface and the atmosphere which will be important aspects for understanding climate change.