Question: Who recently launched an advertisement campaign for ‘Clean India’?
(a) Priyanka Chopra
(b) Bhumi Pednekar
(c) Amitabh Bachchan
(d) Akshay Kumar
- On May 27th, 2018, famous actor Akshay Kumar launched an advertisement campaign for ‘Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural)’.
- The campaign was launched at a Collectors Convention for Toilet Technology organized in the capital.
- The campaign focuses on promoting the twin pit toilet technology in rural India, and also features actor, Ms Bhumi Pednekar along with Shri Kumar.
- The twin pit toilet technology was invented in India and is the most well-suited toilet technology for rural India, and is recommended by Government of India and the World Health Organization. It is scientifically proven that:
- A pit in a standard twin-pit toilet model fills up in roughly 5 years for a 6-membered family
- The waste may then be easily re-directed to the second pit
- In 6 months to 1 year, the waste in the filled pit decomposes completely
- This decomposed waste is safe to handle and rich in NPK (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) nutrients which makes it ideal for use in agriculture
- The States are continuously encouraged by the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) to include awareness generation about the above facts as part of their grassroots information, education and communication (IEC) efforts.
- The advertisement campaign launched today is an effort, supported by the World Bank, towards encouraging this technology using mass media.
- The film can be found on the YouTube channel of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) (link: tinyurl.com/sbmgramin).
- It will be translated in several regional languages, and the Hindi version will start airing on television channels with immediate effect.