Question: Which of the following company has recently acquired the smart watch making brand Fitbit for $2.1 billion?
- On 1st November, 2019, Google announced to buy smart watch making company Fitbit for USD 2.1 billion in a deal giving the US tech giant a fresh entry in the wearable technology space.
- Fitbit is a trusted brand that supports more than 28 million active users around the globe.
- Google aspires to create tools that help people enhance their knowledge, success, health and happiness. This goal is closely aligned with Fitbit’s long-time focus on wellness and helping people live healthier, more active lives.
- The companies said the Fitbit platform would remain platform-agnostic and continue to serve Apple’s iOS devices as well as those powered by the Google Android system.
- The Alphabet, Google parent company is largely absent from wearables gadgetry, following its failed Google Glass project, but produces the WearOS software used by makers of these devices.
- Analysts have however pointed out that Google may benefit from the large Fitbit database for health Apps and Artificial Intelligence.