Question: Where did the 8th Indo Myanmar Coordinated patrol took place recently?
(d) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Myanmar Navy Ship UMS King TabinShweHtee (773) and UMS Inlay (OPV-54) arrived at Port Blair on 20th May, 2019, for the Opening Ceremony of the 8th Indo-Myanmar coordinated patrol (IMCOR), at Andaman and Nicobar Command.
- The Myanmar delegation led by Commodore Htein Win, Commander, Ayeyarwady Naval Command, called on Ashutosh Ridhorkar, VSM, Naval Component Commander on 20th May, 2019.
- The CORPAT initiative (which started on March 2013) between the two navies is meant to address issues of terrorism, illegal fishing, drug trafficking, human trafficking, poaching and other illegal activities inimical to interest of both nations.
- Myanmar ships would undertake a coordinated patrol with Indian Naval Ship from 20th May to 28th May, 2019. The patrolling effort will be augmented by Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies.
- The ships would patrol along the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) between the two countries covering a distance of approximately 725 Kms over a period of four days.
- The ships will also undertake joint manoeuvres and drills during the sea phase of coordinated patrol prior to Closing Ceremony which will be onboard of Myanmar Naval Ship.