Question:57th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships of Indian Athletics Federation was held at…
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
57th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championship of Indian Athletics Federation concluded from July 15th-18th, 2017atAcharya Nagarjuna University ground, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
• Kerala emerged champions with 159 points followed by Tamil Nadu (110) and Haryana (101) third.
• Haryana (79 points) won the title of championship in men’s category while Kerala won the title of championship in women’s category with 105 points.
• The host Andhra Pradesh remained overall in the 9th position (7th in the men’s and 13th in the women’s).
• Punjab’s Davinder Singh Kang (Javelin Throw) was declared the top athlete among men with 1127 points.
• Kerala’s Anu R. (400m Hurdles in 57.21 seconds) finished the championships as the best woman athlete with 1105 points.
The main results of the championship are:
|Events||Men’s Winner||Women’s winner|
|100 meters race||Elakkiyadasan, Tamilnadu||Merlin Joseph, Kerala|
|200 meters race||Amiya Kumar Mallick, Odisha||Srabani Nanda, Odisha|
|400 meters race||Amoj Jacob, Delhi||Anilda Thomas, Kerala|
|Triple jump||Arpinder Singh, Haryana||Sheena NV, Kerala|
|Discus Throw||DharmarajYadav, U.P.||Himani Singh, U.P.|
|Hammer Throw||Bhupinder Singh, U.P.||Sarita R. Singh, U.P.|
|Shot Put||Tejinder Singh Toor, Punjab||Manpreet Kaur, Haryana|
- Siddhanth Thingalaya from Maharastra created a new meet record to win the men’s 110m hurdles in 13.76s.