Question-At which place Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead 4th International Yoga day?
(a) New Delhi
- According to PIB Press release posted on 20 June 2018, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will lead 4th international yoga day to be celebrated on 21 June 2018 in Dehradun.
- Thousands of volunteers will join the event performing Yoga Asanas in the lawns of Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, located in the lap of the Himalayas.
- In Its earlier events it was celebrated at Rajpath in New Delhi in 2015, the Capitol Complex in Chandigarh in 2016, and the Ramabai Ambedkar Sabha Sthal in Lucknow in 2017.
- Prime Minister Modi had participated in all of its earlier editions.
- Yoga has been considered as one of the most precious gifts given by the ancient Indian sages to humankind.
- According to Prime Minister Yoga is not just a set of exercises that keeps the body fit but it is a passport to health assurance, a key to fitness and wellness. He further said that Yoga is not only what you practice in the morning but doing your day-to-day activities with diligence and complete awareness is a form of Yoga as well.
- The Prime Minister shared pictures of people performing Yoga, at various locations across the world in social media and also emphasized the intricacies of various Yoga Asanas.
About International Yoga Day-
- Since its inception in 2015 International Yoga Day is celebrated annually on June 21.
- United Nation General Assembly unanimously declared June 21st as International Day of Yoga.
- Yoga is a mental, physical and spiritual practice which includes breath control, simple meditation and adoption of the specific bodily postures.
- Yoga is attributed mostly to India and considered as a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline.