Question- In which of the following place the 4th “India International Science Festival” will be held?
- Resident Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate the fourth “India International Science Congress” on 6th October in Lucknow. This 4-day event will be organized by Ministry of science tech, Earth sciences and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA).
- Minister of Science and tech Harsh Vardhan has said that this year’s “India International Science Festival” will be dedicated to Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and will work for the theme “Vigyan se Vikas”.
- Vajpayee is known for his slogan of “Jai Vigyan” in addition to Former PM Lalbahadur Shastri’s “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”. The first and second IISF were held in New Delhi and the third in Chennai.
- IISF-4 will be attended by 10,000 delegates, including a scientist from India and abroad, startups and students mainly from the northeast
- IISF-2018 with its focal theme “Science for Transformation” will have 23 special events. The Global Indian Science & Technology Stakeholders Meet (GIST), Science & Technology for Harnessing Innovations (SATHI) – A National startup entrepreneurship summit and Student Science Village are some of the important events, being organized.
- The Science Village program is linked with the Pradhan Mantri Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana to reach out to the rural masses and propagate science and for seeking scientific solutions to the diverse challenges facing our society, particularly rural India.
- As World record attemptshave been a key part of IISF since 2015, in IISF 2018, a World Record attempt will be made to “isolate DNA” by 500 students from class 8th to 10th
By Ramayan Upadhyay