Question: 2nd Young Superintendent of Police Conference was held in-
- On July 26-27, 2018 2nd Conference of Young Superintendent of Police was organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) in New Delhi.
- This two-day conference was attended by over 100 Superintendents of Police and senior officers from the States and CAPFs.
- The theme of the Conference is “Predictive Policing and Contemporary Challenges for Indian Police Forces”.
- It aims to create awareness among young Superintendents of Police and Commandants regarding latest technologies in areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Predictive Policing/ Crime Analytics/ Big data Analytics, Geospatial Technology, Cyber Crime, Surveillance Tracking & UAVs, CCTV Equipment, for effective delivery of Police Services to citizens.
- Along with the conference a National Level Police Expo was also organized in association with various knowledge partners and stakeholders.
About Bureau of Police Research & Development
The Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) was set up in 1970 to identify the needs and problems of the police in the country and suggest modalities to overcome problems and meet the needs and requirements of the police. Its headquarters is in New Delhi.