Question: Where did the second edition of Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT), 2019 exercise take place?
(a) Northern Bay of Bengal
(b) Arabian Sea
(c) Pacific Ocean
(d) None of these
- The second edition of Indian Navy (IN) –Bangladesh Navy (BN) Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) held in Northern Bay of Bengal on 10-11 October 2019.
- The exercise aims at upgrading to a bilateral exercise with the navies engaging in seamanship evolutions, flying exercises with integral helicopters and maritime patrol aircraft at sea.
- INS Ranvijay, a guided-missile destroyer and INS Kuthar, an ingeniously built missile Corvette have participated in the CORPAT along with BNS Ali Haider, a Type 053 frigate and BNS Shadinota, a Type 056 stealth guided missile corvette.
- With a common territorial boundary of over 4000 km and a maritime boundary, navies of both the countries aim to practice and hone their mutual cooperation whilst patrolling near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) during the current edition of CORPAT.
- India currently carries out CORPATs with four regional navies: Myanmar, Indonesia, Thailand and, most recently, Bangladesh.