Question: Where was 22nd Conference of Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP) recently organized from December 4th– 8th, 2017?
(c) New Delhi
- Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP)’s 22nd conference was recently organized in New Delhi from 4th-8th
- Anupriya Patel, Hon’ble MoS (Health & Family Welfare) recently inaugurated the conference.
- The five day conference is being conducted by Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and National Drug Regulatory Authority (NDRA) of India in collaboration with Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Asian Harmonization Working Party (AHWP) was established in 1999 as a voluntary non-profit organization of the 30 national regulators of member countries and industry members.
- The key objective of the event is to develop and recommend approaches for the convergence and harmonization of medical device regulations in Asia and beyond and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise amongst regulators and the industry.
- The AHWP works in collaboration with related international organizations such as IMDRF, WHO, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), etc.