Question: Which of the following Indian State has declared 2020 as Year of Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu
- Telangana State Government will declare the year 2020 as Year of Artificial Intelligence (AI). In this regard Telangana government has signed up with NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) to run pilot projects in the State.
- To promote Artificial Intelligence (AI) in everyday life Telangana will organize multiple programs and activities related to the new age technology throughout the year.
- The State has taken right decision in the backdrop of the emerging talent workforce and renewed focus by industry and other ecosystem players on this space in the past four to five years
- Telangana was the 1st State to sign up with NITI Aayog when they prepared AI for All document.
- Year of Artificial Intelligence will be celebrated by organizing various programmes, meetings and activities. Government organizations will give challenges and make available data sets to the companies to run algorithms based on AI
- A Centre of Excellence in Data Sciences and AI will be set up by NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies). It should be known that NASSCOM is trade association of Indian Information Technology and Business Process Outsourcing industry.
- IIT (Indian Institutes of Technology), Kharagpur is also coming up with its regional centre in Hyderabad to initiate first program in AI in Telangana.