Question: Which country has won the 2019 Davis Cup?
- On 25 November 2019, world number one Rafael Nadal has clinched sixth Davis Cup title for Spain.
- He defeated Denis Shapovalov of Canada 6-3, 7-6 (9-7) in the match played at the Caja Magica Stadium in Madrid,Spain.
- Spain won their sixth title (their first since 2011), defeating Canada in the final 2–0.
- In 2019 among majors,Nadal has won the French Open and the US Open, made the Australian Open final, and also reached the Wimbledon semifinals.
- Rafael Nadal has won 19 Grand Slam singles titles,the second-most in history of a male player.
- He holds a record 35 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles, 20 ATP Tour 500 titles and the 2008 Olympic gold medal in singles. Nadal won five Davis Cup titles with the Spain Davis Cup team.
About Davis Cup:
- Davis Cup is a premier international team event between national teams in men’s tennis.
- It is described by the organizers as the “World Cup of Tennis”, and the winners are referred to as the World Champion team
- The 2019 Davis Cup is the 108th edition of the Davis Cup.