Question: How many Ekalavya Model schools are being planned to be established by Government of India till 2022?
(b) over 400
- On 14th January 2019, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor inaugurated the 1st Ekalavya Model Residential Schools Sports Meet 2019 at GMC Balayogi Stadium, Gachibowli in Hyderabad.
- The 3 day meetwas organised by Tribal Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society and hosted by Telangana.
- This event offered a platform toabout 1735 participants from 20 States across the country to exhibit various events including including Athletics.
- Addressing the occasion, the Minister informed that the government of India is planning to establish more than 400 Ekalavya Model schools by 2022.
- He further notified that the government of India is working a vision to develop Ekalavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS) on par with the Navodaya vidyalays with a focus on overall development of tribal students.