Question: The National Programme for Healthcare of the Elderly (NPHCE) launched in the year?
- On 1st November 2018; Smt Anupriya Patel made the key note address at the ‘1st Annual Senior Care Conclave – Igniting Industry for India’s Ageing Sector’.
- She stated that corporate leaders across all sectors should explore opportunities of investment in the emerging field of senior care.
- It is to be noted that the National Programme for Healthcare of the Elderly (NPHCE) launched in the year 2010-11, it identified 100 districts of 21 States and Eight Regional Geriatrics Centres in selected medical colleges as referral units during the 11th Plan period. As on March 2018, 520 districts in 34 states and UT’s had been sanctioned for provision of geriatric care services. “19 regional geriatric centres in government medical colleges of 18 states sanctioned for specialized care and training purpose.
- The programme is State oriented and basic thrust of the programme is to provide dedicated health care facilities to the senior citizens (>60 year of age) at various level.
- Smt Anupriya Patel also released a CII Report “Igniting Potential in Senior Care Services” and inaugurated an exhibition at the event.