Question: Where did the 3rd meeting of the Advisory Council of the 15th Finance Commission take place recently?
(c) New Delhi
- The 3rd meeting of the Advisory Council of the 15th Finance Commission was held in New Delhi on 16th May, 2019.
- It was chaired by N.K. Singh, Chairman, XVFC (15th Finance Commission)and attended by Members of the Advisory Council, Members of the Commission Dr. Anoop Singh, Ajay Narayan Jha, Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Aayog (Special Invitee), and senior officials of the Commission.
- In the meeting the Council Members were updated by the Commission on the progress made in terms of State Visits by the Commission, consultations with the RBI, with Bankers and financial institutions, with stakeholders and domain experts.
- Discussions were also held on the structure of the Commission’s Report and the ToR-wise mapping of the Report. Issues of Public Sector Borrowing Requirement (PSBR), issues concerning GST, transparency in publishing accounting data related to debt and deficit, impact of UDAY on state liability, interest rates and private investments were also discussed in detail.
- Views of the Members were sought on possible scenario for macro variables like GDP projections and economic outlook during the award period of the Commission i.e.2020-21 to 2024-25.