Question: 12th Regional Standards Conclave held in which city?
(b) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
(c) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
(d) New Delhi
- The BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Act 2016 lays down the framework for Standards development and delivery in India.
- The products, process, the service, delivered in the country, should be of high quality and meet the expectation of both consumers and producers as informed by Director General, BIS, Ms. Surina Rajan, while addressing the inaugural session of 12th Regional Standards Conclave in Odisha.
- She informed that BIS (National Standards Body), is committed to deliver quality assurance and standards’ solutions not only for exports but also for the consumers within the country.
- Additional Secretary, Department of Commerce, Government of India, Mr Sudhanshu Pandey informed that the Global trade in goods is valued at USD 18 trillion and Services trade is worth USD 5 trillion.
- At present India is a USD 2.6 trillion economy.
- MSMEs need to adopt standards. We have almost 3.7 lakhs MSME’s, 300 exporters and 356 startups, who need to be made aware of following the right standards to boost their turnover and profits.