Question: The Central Government has set a target to achieve 100 per cent digitization of Waqf properties across the country in how many days?
(a) 100 days
(b) 180 days
(c) 90 days
(d) 60 days
- On 29 July 2019,Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurated a national conference of Central Waqf Council (CWC), organised at NDMC Convention Centre in New Delhi.
- The Central Government has set a target to achieve 100 per cent digitization of Waqf properties across the country in its first 100 days.
- There are more than 6 lakh registered Waqf properties across the country.
- Central Waqf Council is providing financial help and technical assistance to state Waqf boards for digitalization, GI Mapping/Geo Tagging of Waqf properties so that state Waqf boards can complete digitalization work within decided timeframe.
- GIS/GPS mapping of the Waqf properties has been initiated with the help of IIT Roorki and Aligarh Muslim University.
- For the first time since Independence, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi led Government is providing 100 per cent funding to develop schools, colleges, ITIs, polytechnics, hospitals, multi-purpose community hall “Sadbhav Mandap”, “Hunar Hub”, common service centres, employment oriented skill development centres and other basic infrastructure on Waqf land under Pradhanmantri Jan Vikas Karykram (PMJVK) for weaker sections and needy especially girls in those backward areas which had been deprived of these basic facilities.
- Only 90 districts of the country had been identified for Minority communities’ development earlier; Government has expanded development programmes for Minorities in 308 districts, 870 blocks, 331 towns and thousands of the villages of the country.