Question: World Refugee Day is celebrated on which date?
(a) June 18
(b) June 16
(c) June 20
(d) June 15
- On June 20, 2018, ‘World Refugee Day’ was celebrated across the world.
- This day is celebrated for raising awareness of the situation of refugees around the world.
- Indeed, in the year 2000, the United Nations General Assembly passed the resolution and decided to celebrate this day on June 20 every year from 2001.
- According to a report by the U.H.C.R. – The UN Refugee Agency, in the year 2017, 68.5 million people were forced to displace their homes all over the world.
- This displacement occurred as a result of opposition, violence and human rights violations.
- By the end of 2017 there were approximately 25.4 million refugees worldwide.
- 40 million people have been internally homeless according to the report; the number of people with Asylum Seekers is approximately 3.1 million.