Question: World Heart Day is observed on-
(a) 29 September
(b) 23 September
(c) 27 September
(d) 25 September
- World Heart Day is observed on 29 September every year in order to inform people about cardiovascular diseases, which are the biggest cause of death and prescribes prevention.
- World heart day was founded in the year
- The theme of 2018 World Heart Day is, ”My Heart, Your Heart”.
- According to the report, about 17.5 million people die every year from cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke.
- This day is coordinated by WHO(World Health Organisation) and the World Heart Federation that seeks to spread the news that at least 80 percent of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided if the main risk factors – which are tobacco, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity – are controlled.