Question: Who among the following has won the World Chess Championship-2016?
(a) Magnus Carlsen
(b) Sergey Karjakin
(c) Viswanathan Anand
(d) None of the above
- On 30 November 2016;Magnus Carlsen won the 2016 World Chess Championship in New York City, USA.
- Carlsen defeated Sergey Karjakin to retain the World Chess Champion title.
- It’s the third time that Carlsen has won the championship.
- He has reigned as world champion since 2013.
- Magnus Carlsen is a Norwegian chess grandmaster.
- The World Chess Championship is played to determine the World Champion in chess.