Question: ‘World Cerebral Palsy Day’ is celebrated on-
(a) October 6
(b) October 4
(c) October 3
(d) October 1
- On October 6, 2017, World Cerebral Palsy Day was celebrated throughout the world.
- The aim of this day is to make people aware about cerebral palsy disease.
- This brain damage can occur before the birth of children, at birth and at any time after birth.
- The more brain damage, the greater the disability of the children increases.
- The disease was first detected by British surgeon Billion little in 1860 AD.
- The main causes of this disease are the disruption of the child’s brain development or injury to the brain.
- Some other reasons are as follows:
(i) Infection in mother during pregnancy.
(ii) No match in blood group of mother and child.
(iii) Unusual development of the child in the womb of the mother etc.
- Currently around 17 million people are suffering from cerebral palsy all over the world.