Question: At which of the following places the 5th India-Sri Lanka joint naval exercise ‘SLINEX’ -2017 is being organized?
- From September 07th-14th, 2017, Naval Exercise ‘SLINEX 2017’ is being organized at Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
- It is the 5th Joint naval operations of SLINEX series between India –Sri Lanka.
- The objective of this Joint naval operations is to enable both Navies to rehearse and improve own capabilities and enhance operational effectiveness required to maintain maritime security in the region.
- 368 Sri Lankan Naval personnel including 43 officers and 60 mid-shipmen are taking part in the Exercise.
- It is noteworthy that this bilateral maritime exercise was initiated in 2005.