Question: Where did the lead-up Conference in order to build-up the momentum for the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) concludes on April 3rd-4th, 2018?
(d) New Delhi
- On April 3rd-4th, 2018, two day lead-up Conference in order to build-up the momentum for the 3rd Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was completed in Visakhapatnam Andhra Pradesh.
- The conference was on the theme of “Enhancing Port and Coastal Infrastructure: A Primer on Potential Areas”.
- The two-day Regional Conference is being organized by the Ministry of Finance, Government of India in collaboration with AIIB, CII and Research and Infrastructure System (RIS) for Developing Countries.
- Around 150 delegates representing different industry, academic and research institutions are participating among others to deliberate upon the major bottlenecks in the quest for developing blue economy in the country in order to achieve higher and inclusive economic growth.
- Significantly, the Indian government will host the third annual meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which will be held in Mumbai on June 25th-26th, 2018.
- The panel discussed various issues relating to trade promotion through sea route, building-up robust port & coastal infrastructure and revising & relaxing maritime regulatory issues to promote blue economy in India.
- There are five new AIIB funded projects which are underway in India with investments worth US$ 1.1 billion.
- The Panel also discussed elaborately on various port & coastal infrastructure related issues including facilitation of trade, port infrastructure and maritime regulations among others for implementation of Sagarmala project in a successful and time bound manner.