Question: Consider the following statements about Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award -2018:
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi is announced as the winner of 2018.
- This award is being provided since 1995.
- Cash prize of 10 lakh is given to the awardees.
Which among the above statements is/are correct?
(a) Only 1&2
(b) 1, 2&3
(c) Only 1
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi was declared as the winner of Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award on 28th July for the year 2018.He was given this award for his outstanding contribution for promoting communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi is a retired IAS officer and was 22nd Governer of West Bengal served from 2004 to 2009. For a few months he also took additional charge of Governor of Bihar in 2006.
- This is the 24th edition of Rajiv Gandhi National Sadhavana Award. Former recipients of this award comprises the legendary personalities including Mother Teresa ,Ustad Bismillah Khan, Mohammed Yunus, Lata Mangeshkar, Sunil Dutt, Dilip Kumar,K.R.Narayann,Ustad Amjad Ali Khan and many more.
About Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award:
- It is an Indian award instituted by All India Congress Committee of the Indian National Congress in 1992 to commemorate the contribution made by Rajiv Gandhi for promoting the communal hormony, peace and national integration.
- This award is presented on 20th August every year on the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi, which is celebrated as Sadbhavana Diwas (Harmony Day).
- The award includes cash prize of Rs. 10 lakh and a citation.
- In the year 2017, this award was given jointly to Mohammed Azharuddin (Former Indian Cricketer) and M.Gopala Krishna (A retired IAS Officer).
- First Recipient of this award was Jagan Nath Kaul in 1995.He is a social activist founder of SOS Children’s Village of India (SOS CVI) which provides home to almost 15000 children.