Rail projects inagurated in Andhra Pradesh
Question: Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has been elected to the Rajya Sabha from which of the following state?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
- On 30 December 2016; Andhra Pradesh government signed a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Railways for setting up a joint venture company for taking up major rail projects in the state.
- Apart from laying new railway lines, the JV will develop 21 railway stations in the state on par with airports.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu took part in the programme through a video link from New Delhi.
- The programs announced at the ceremony are:
1. Development at least 21 railway stations in the state akin to airports.
2. Nadikudi-Srikalahasti new railway line while free high-speed WiFi facility was launched in Guntur railway station.
3. The Railway Minister also flagged off a new double-decker train between Tirupati and Visakhapatnam
4. The renovated route-relay interlocking system at Vijayawada railway junction was also dedicated to the nation.
5. New hostel building of the Electric Traction Training Centre at Satyanarayanapuram was inaugurated.
- It should be known that the Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu is a member of Rajya Sabha from the Andhra Pradesh state.