Question: Recently, the Pravasi Pension Scheme was started by the Government of Kerala. Which of the given option is not correct in relation to this scheme?
(a) The scheme was launched on April 21st, 2018.
(b) This scheme has been started by the Kerala Overseas Board.
(c) People under 55 years of age will be beneficiary under the scheme.
(d) A pension of Rs 2000 will be provided under the scheme.
- On April 21st, 2018, Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan launched the Pravasi Pension Scheme for non-resident Keralites.
- This scheme has been started for migrants living outside the state or the country, originally from Kerala.
- Under the scheme, pension of Rs 2,000 per month will be provided.
- This scheme has been started by the Kerala’s Pravasi Welfare Board.
- In this scheme people over 60 years of age will be eligible for benefits.
- One person will have to pay 100 rupees per month to take advantage of the scheme.
- The contribution period is 5 years.
- The benefits of the scheme will be to the people registered in the Kerala Pravasi welfare Board.
- This scheme is not applicable to the employees of the State and Central government.