Question: In which month National Nutritional Month (Rashtriya Poshan Maah) has been celebrated?
- The month of September has been celebrated across the 36 States/UTs as Rashtriya Poshan Maah under POSHAN Abhiyaan.
- The awards are being given to sustain the momentum and recognise the effort being put in all levels as also to acknowledge the progress made by states in implementing Poshan Maah under Poshan Abhiyaan Frontline workers, Community groups, PRls, staff at Block & District level, State Deptt. & Mini stores are exhibiting exemplary effort towards trigging Jan andolan for Poshan Abhiyaan.
- The awards are being given in several categories. These includes field level functionary awards, awards for individually excellence A+++, village convergence awards, leadership awards, state level awards for best social media campaign, maximum reach across the theme, best innovation use of non conventional methods of spreading awareness on Poshan among others.
- States/UTs have been requested to sort list work of frontline functionaries who have worked tirelessly to make Poshan Maah success and forward the citations to Ministry of Women & Child Welfare.
- The last date for receipt of citation has been extended form midnight of 30th September to 3rd October 2018.
- The Poshan Award Ceremony is likely to be organised in the second week of October 2018 at New Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Women and child Development.