Question: who amongst the following has recently been appointed as new Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau (BBB)?
(a) Sachit Jain
(b) Bhanu Pratap Sharma
(c) M L Shrivastav
(d) O P Singh
- On April 12th, 2018, the government appointed former DoPT Secretary Bhanu Pratap Sharma as Chairman of the Banks Board Bureau (BBB).
- Sharma has been appointed for two years.
- At this post Mr. Sharma replaced Vinod Rai, who was appointed as the first chairman of BBB for a two year term.
- The term of the first Bank’s Board Bureau headed by former comptroller and auditor general of India Vinod Rai ended on 31 March.
- While announcing the appointment, Financial Services Secretary Rajiv Kumar said Sharma will have the same mandate as was given Rai.
- Other members of the bureau include investment banker Vedika Bhandarkar, who has headed the investment banking operations of Credit Suisse India and JPMorgan, and Pradeep Kumar, former managing director of State Bank of India.
- The founder managing director of rating agency Crisil, Pradip P. Shah, is the fourth member.