Nation-wide training programme launched for Elected Women representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats
Question: Recently, a comprehensive module for capacity building of Elected Women Representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats and a training program for Trainers of women panchayat leaders across the country is launched by the Minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi through a video conference. At which of the following places the programme was launched?
- On April 17th, 2017, Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi started a nation-wide training program for elected women representatives of panchayats from New Delhi.
- The training program is launched at Ranchi, Jharkhand through a video conference.
- The training program seeks to empower EWRs of panchayats by enhancing their capacity, capability and skill in governance and administration of villages.
- The program is launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development in collaboration with the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- Under this programme women representatives will be trained at the grassroots level in various areas like engineering (building of roads, drains, latrines etc.), finance, social development, education, health, and environment among others.
- In the first phase, 40 master trainers of Jharkhand will be trained at the State institute of Rural Development, Ranchi..
- In the second phase, approximately 3000 EWRs will be trained by these master trainers in the three districts of Simdega, Pakur and Chatra of Jharkhand.