Question: A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed recently between the Indian Army and which of the following Banks on the Defence Salary Package?
(a) Axis Band
(b) HDFC Back
- On April 13th 2018, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and Axis Bank on the Defence Salary Package.
- The first MoU between Axis Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed on 24 Mar 2015.
- The current MoU is tailor-made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- The signing-in ceremony was chaired by the Director General (MP&PS), Lt Gen SK Saini and was attended by the top dignitaries of Axis Bank headed by Mr Sanjay Sailas, President and Head, Retail Banking, Axis Bank.
- Recently, Indian Army has also signed a MoU with HDFC bank. MoUs are considered for inception and renewal with banks on analyzing their utility and suitability to the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- Army is hoping that this MoU will benefit a large number of serving and retired Army personnel who are having their accounts with Axis bank; and also provide them an opportunity to access modern banking facilities.
- Under the current MoU, apart from other benefits, the Army personnel will get free personal accident death cover and free permanent total disability cover of Rs 30 lakh and free educational cover of up to Rs 2 Lakh for children between the age of 12 and 20 years.