Question: Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) is an entity of
(a) Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
(b) Bhilai Steel Plant
(c) Bokaro Steel Plant
(d) Tata Iron and Steel Company
Related Fact :
- On July 14, 2017, Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) and Cement Corporation of India (CCI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding in Vishakhapatnam to set up 2 metric Tonnes per annum Fly Ash and Blast Furnace Slag based Cement Plant.
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited is the corporate entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant and Cement Corporation of India is a PSU under Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- Cement Plantwill be set up in a Joint Venture arrangement in two phases of one million tonne capacity each.
- The JV Project cost is approximately Rs.150 Cr. RINL is offering around 35 acres of land for the proposed plant in its premises. The project is proposed to be completed in 15 months from the date of placement of order.
- The location of the proposed plant shall result in immense logistical cost benefits due to availability of BF slag and Fly ash.
- The nearby port shall also provide avenues for export of Cement as well as import of Clinker, if required.
- Plant and machinery available with CCI are expected to bring down the project cost. The cost data as indicated by CCI apparently makes CCI one of the lowest cost manufacturers of Clinker in India.