Question: Mother Dairy was founded in which of the following year?
- On 30 December 2016; Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd today introduced Aadhar enabled payment system in more than 1,000 milk booths and ‘Safal’ retail stores.
- This step is taken to promote cashless transactions.
- This service would now be available in addition to the existing modes like E-wallets and SmartChange Cards.
- The service was commissioned in association with CSC e-Governance Service India Ltd under the aegis of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity).
- Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd is an Indian company that manufactures markets and sells milk, milk products and other edible products.
- Its milk products include cultured products, ice cream, paneer and ghee under the Mother Dairy brand.
- The company also sells edible oils, fresh fruits and vegetables, frozen vegetables, and processed food like fruit juices, jams, pickles etc.
- Mother Dairy was founded in 1974, as a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- The company sells milk products under the “Mother Dairy” brand.
- Safal is the fruit and vegetable arm of Mother Dairy.