Question- Consider the following matters related to Mithali Raj, Captain of India Women’s Cricket Team (ODI and Test) – She
(I) is the first Indian to join the 2000-run club in International Twenty20 cricket.
(II) is the first Indian female player to have 8 consecutive fifties in international women’s ODIs.
(III) is the only International Women’s ODI player to reach the club of 6000 runs.
(a) I and II
(b) I and III
(c) II and III
(d) I, II and III
- Mithali Raj – Indian women’s cricket team captain (ODI and Test).
- Mithali Raj completed 2000 runs in international T-20 cricket in a match against Sri Lanka in women’s Asia Cup T-20 tournament in Kuala Lumpur on 7th June, 2018.
- She became the first Indian player (woman / man) to join the 2000 runs club in international T-20 cricket.
- She achieved this feat in his 74th match (2015 runs in 71 innings).
- Harmanpreet Kaur is the captain of the Indian women’s cricket team for this T20 tournament.
- It is remarkable that Indian men’s cricket captain Virat Kohli has scored a total of 1983 runs (in 57 games) in international T20.
- It is worth noting that in the International Women’s ODI match in 2017; Mithali Raj had also made two world records –
(i) Consecutive 7 fifties and
(ii) First and only female player to join the club of 6000 runs,
- Mithali Raj scored a total of 6373 runs in 194 international women’s ODIs.
- She is the only Indian player (woman / men) to captain in the final match of more than one ICC Women’s World Cup (2005 and year 2017).