Question: Recently, the Chief Minister’s Labor Service (Maternity Benefit) scheme, 2018, was effectively implemented in Madhya Pradesh. What is not true about this scheme?
(a) This scheme was effective from 1st April, 2018.
(b) Under the scheme, the women labor of the unorganized sector will be reimbursed due to absence from work during delivery.
(c) Under the scheme two thousand rupees will be provided in two installments.
(d) Benefits of the scheme will be available to pregnant women, nurses and unorganized women workers of more than 18 years of age.
- On April 1st, 2018, the Madhya Pradesh Shramik Seva (Maternity Benefit) scheme, 2018 introduced for all unemployed laborers registered in all rural and urban areas of the state by the Madhya Pradesh government (applicable) ) happened.
- The State Government has issued guidelines regarding this scheme.
- The women workers of unrecognized sector will be reimbursed for the financial loss due to absence from work during delivery.
- The aim of the scheme is to create a high risk pregnancy early identification, safe birth, pregnancy and vaccination after birth of the baby, cash incentive for women and child health and creating favorable environment.
- Under the scheme16 thousand rupees will be provided in two installments.
- The eligible beneficiaries of the Janani Suraksha Yojana of the Central Government, operated inPradesh, will also get the benefit of this scheme.
- At the first pregnancy, the eligible beneficiary will be paid Rs. 3000 / – as the first and second installment in the Pradhan Mantri MatritvaVandana Yojana (PMMVY).
- The remaining balance of one thousand rupees will be provided under the Chief Minister’s Labor Service (Maternity Benefit) scheme.
- The entire amount of Rs. 4 thousand rupees will be paid to the beneficiary on the second pregnancy only by the Chief Minister’s Labor Service (Maternity Benefit) scheme.
- In the first deliverable Prime Minister Mata Vandana Yojana, the amount of Rs. 2 thousand rupees of the third installment can be taken at the end of the first vaccination cycle in the prescribed period.
- Benefits ofscheme will be available to pregnant women, nurses and unorganized women workers of more than 18 years of age.
- Maternity Aid will be available at the Government Hospital and at the maximum of two live birth deliveries.
- The amount of eligible beneficiaries will be deposited in the Aadhar linked bank account.