Launch of IPR Enforcement Toolkit for Police and IPR Awareness Campaign for Children
Question: Who is the minister of state for commerce and Industry?
(a) Nirmala Sitharaman
(b) Anand Sharma
(c) Kalraj Mishra
(d) None of the above
- On 4 January 2017 Commerce & Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched an IPR Enforcement Toolkit for Police.
- The toolkit has been jointly prepared by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- This toolkit will be a ready reckoner for police officials across the country in dealing with IP crimes, specifically Trade Marks counterfeiting and Copyrights piracy.
- In addition to details of offences under various laws, it provides for checklists for registering a complaint and conducting search and seizures.
- It also lays down general guidelines for search and seizure in case of IP crimes.
- This toolkit will be provided to all state police departments across the nation and will assist them in dealing with the cases relating to Trademarks and Copyrights infringements.
- The Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) under the aegis of the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and Government of India is working to ensure effective implementation of the National IPR Policy 2016.
- CIPAM is collaborating with the International Trademark Association (INTA) to launch an IPR Awareness campaign for schoolchildren.
- It would spread the message on IPRs in a creative and engaging manner, through the use of presentations and creatively illustrated posters and pamphlets which cover the basics on IPRs and the need to protect IPRs.
- CIPAM is actively facilitating International engagements in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Two MoU on IPRs were recently signed with UK and Singapore.
- India-USA Workshop on Protection of Trade Secrets was successfully organized by CIPAM to discuss various aspects related to Trade Secrets and its impact on Industry.
- CIPAM is looking forward to work with various stakeholders in its journey of making Creative India; Innovative India.