Question: Which one of the following Players has been selected as the “Player of the Series” in the series of two T-20 matches held in Ireland on June 29th, 2018?
(a) Lokesh Rahul
(b) Yujwendra Chahal
(c) Kuldeep Yadav
(d) Rohit Sharma
- Indian cricket team’s Ireland tour concluded. (June 27-29, 2018)
- India won a 2-0 win over the tour with a clean sweep in the series of two international T-20 matches.
- ‘Player of the Series’ – Yujwendra Chahal (India)
- ‘Most runs in the series’ – Rohit Sharma (India), total 97 runs.
- Indian Captain in Series – Virat Kohli
- Ireland Captain in Series- Gary Wilson
- India won the second match of the series with a difference of 143 runs.
- It is India’s biggest victory and overall combined second win in terms of runs in international T20 matches.
- Earlier in April 2018, Pakistan defeated the West Indies by 143 runs in a match played at Karachi.
- In this regards, Sri Lankan team is at the top by defeating Kenya by 172 runs in Johannesburg in 2007.
- In the second match of the series, Siddharth Kaul (India) played his first international T-20 match.