Question: Which edition of the world’s biggest culinary event ‘International Young Chef Olympiad’ was held recently at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi?
(a) First Edition
(b) Third Edition
(c) Fourth Edition
(d) Fifth Edition
- On January 28th, 2018, the fourth edition of the world’s largest culinary event ‘International Young Chef Olympiad’ for Chef Students was organized at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium, New Delhi.
- The teams of 45 countries had to compete with different difficult levels in the three challenging rounds.
- This competition was organized in four cities Delhi, Bangalore, Pune and Kolkata.
- The top ten competitors selected in the first phase were to demonstrate their culinary skills in the final stages.
- The phase concluded in Kolkata on February 2nd, 2018.
- Malaysian chef Li Jia Yi topped the list of Olympiad.
- Indian Chef Surya Shekhar Rao remained second.
- The winners of this competition were given a trophy and cash amount of about 6.5 lakh rupees.
- In this year’s jury of the competition, Padmashree Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, Michelle Star Chef John Wood and Chris Galvin, Prof. David Fosquet, Chef Ranbir Barar, Chef Ango Olivari, Chef Abhijit Saha, Chef Parabinder Bali and Chef Ajay Chopra.