Question: What position India has got in the sixth International Intellectual Property Index-2018, released by the US Global Intellectual Property Center of Chamber of Commerce?
- On February 8, 2018, the 6th Annual International Intellectual Property Index, 2018 (International IP Index, 2018) was published by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Global Intellectual Property Center.
- The theme of this year’s index is ‘Create’.
- In order to create this index, 40 indicators were divided into 8 categories and the main index based on the number of points earned by each of the countries has been made.
- This index covers 50 countries, whilst last year this index had 45 countries.
- This year the index includes five new countries (Economies) – Costa Rica, Ireland, Jordan, Morocco and the Netherlands.
- Countries receiving first ten places and their points-
3. Sweden -30.99
4. France- 36.74
5. Germany -36.54
10. Switzerland -33.42
- Countries received the last five places and their points-
• India is ranked 44th with 12.03 points in the International Intellectual Property Index, 2018.
• Whilst last year India was ranked 43th in this index.
• In the BRICS countries, China is at 25th, Russia-29th, Brazil -33rd and South. Africa is ranked 39th.