Question- Which ministry is organizing ‘National conference of District Disability rehabilitation centers (DDRC)’?
(a) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
(b) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
(c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(d) None of the above
- Under the ministry of social justice and empowerment, department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) ‘National conference of District Disability rehabilitation centers (DDRC) is being organized.
- This one day conference include principal Secretaries Social Welfare reputed NGOs ,District Social welfare officers, eminent Doctors and District magistrates of 263 districts where DDRCs have been set up.
- This conference is held on 14th September 2018.
Salient Features of DDRC-
- DDRCs provide comprehensive services to persons with disabilities and facilitate creation of infrastructure and capacity building at the district level for awareness generation, rehabilitation and training of rehabilitation professionals.
- 310 districts have been identified and 263 DDRCs have been set up
- Awareness generation, early intervention and assessment of the need of assistive devices to divyangjans.
- Therapeutic services such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy etc. to divyangjans through rehabilitation professionals.
- Equipment for rehabilitation services.
- Cost norms of the Scheme has been revised and enhanced to 2.5 times.