Question:In which city, India’s first TVET skill park will be settled?
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $150 million Loan Agreement in New Delhi on 3 October 2018 to establish a Global Skills Park (GSP) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- This will be first Multi-Skills Park in India, to enhance the quality of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) System in the State and create a more skilled workforce.
- International level of facility will be provided to skilled park for Vocational & Technical education, resulting in increase of skilled manpower and generation of employment in the state.
- 10 Industrial Training Institutes will be modernized with the assistance of this park.
- This park will consist of core Advanced Training Institutes including the Centre for Occupational Skills Acquisition and the Centre for Advanced Agricultural Training as well as other support services focusing on entrepreneurship, training of trainers, and skill-related research.
- The campus will have training facilities focusing on skills for manufacturing, service, and advanced agricultural jobs, benefitting about 20,000 trainees and trainers.
Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- It is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, and is headquartered in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- The bank admits the members of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and non-regional developed countries.
- From 31 members at its establishment, ADB now has 67 members, of which 48 are from within Asia and the Pacific and 19 outside.
- Its main aim is to eradicate extreme poverty is Asia & Pacific region. It assists its member and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants & equity investments to promote social & economic development.