Question: Ruthless Indian team have achieved a unique sweep with 9-0 against Sri Lankan cricket team. Who amongst the following teams had achieved this target firstly?
(c) New Zealand
(d) South Africa
- On the Indian Cricket Team tour of Sri Lanka, the sole Twenty-20 match between India and Sri Lanka concluded on September 6th, 2017.
- India won the Twenty-20 match by 7 wickets.
- Virat Kohli, who scored the highest 82 runs, was selected as Player of the Series.
- Yuzvendra Chahal (India) was the most wicket taker (3 wickets).
- It was Virat’s 50th Twenty-20 match.
- Indian team has made a new record by winning 9-0 in a tour involving all three formats.
- With this, India became the world’s first country to perform such kind of performance outside the nation.
- India won the Test series by 3-0, ODI series by 5-0 and Twenty-20 matches by 1-0.
- Although Australia cricket team (beat Pakistan in 2009-10) is the first team to clean sweep with 9-0 in all three formats.
- Captaincy of Sri Lanka cricket team continued to change in this series due to the circumstances.
- Rangana Herath and Dinesh Chandimal (regular captain) in the Test series, while Upul Tharanga (regular captain) Chamara Kapugedara and Lasith Malinga took the captaincy in one-day series.
- The Captaincy of Twenty-20 match was in the hand of Upul Tharanga.