Question: Who amongst the following won the women’s singles title in the recently concluded French Open Tennis (Roland Garros) competition?
(a) Simona Halep
(b) Sloane Stephens
(c) Angelique Kerber
(d) Jelena Ostapenko
- Tennis competition the French Open, 2018 (Roland Garros) concluded in Paris, France. (May 21, 2018-10, June 2018)
- The results of this prestigious Grand Slam competition (second of the year) of lawn tennis are as follows-
- Men’s Singles:-
- Winner-Raphael Nadal (Spain)
- Runner-up Dominic Thiem (Austria)
- Women’s Singles:-
- Winner-Simona Halep (Romania)
- Runner-up Sloane Stephens (America)
- Men’s Doubles:-
- Winner-Pierre Hughues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut (both France)
- Runners-up Oliver Marach (Austria) and Mate Pavic (Croatia)
- Women’s Doubles:-
- Winner-Katrina Siniakova and Barbora Krejcikova (both Czech Republic)
- Runner-up Makoto Ninomiya and Eri Hozumi (both Japan)
- Mixed Doubles:-
- Winner-Latisha Chan (Chan Yung-Jan) (Chinese Taipei) and Ivan Doding (Croatia)
- Runner-up-Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada) and Mate Pavic (Croatia)
- Rafael Nadal won the French Open title for the 11th time.
- Simona Halep won the French Open for the first time.
- Simona Halep reached the final of the competition for the third time.
- The women’s singles title is most often won by the American player Chris Evert (7 times) in the French Open.
- Simona Halep won the Grand Slam title for the first time.
See also the links below:-