Question: Which of the following former Indian cricketers was recently inducted in the ICC Hall of Fame by the International Cricket Council (ICC)?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Sourav Ganguly
(c) Vinod Kambli
(d) Rahul Dravid
- Popular by his nickname ‘The Wall’ in the world cricket, former Indian classical batsman with an outstanding defence Rahul Dravid has been inducted into the ‘ICC Hall of Fame’. (July 1st, 2018)
- ICC announced his induction in a ceremony held in Dublin (Ireland).
- Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting and former women cricketer of England Claire Taylor have also been inducted in the Hall of Fame.
- 45-year-old Rahul Dravid is the fifth Indian to be inducted in this Hall of Fame.
- Earlier, in 2009 Bishan Singh Bedi and Sunil Gavaskar, in 2010 Kapil Dev and in 2015 Anil Kumble were inducted in the Hall of Fame.
- The ICC Cricket Hall of Fame was launched on 2 January 2009.
- The ICC Cricket Hall of Fame recognizes the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history.
See also the links below: