Question- Agreement for the implementation of e-VidyaBharati and e-AarogyaBharati (e-VBAB) Network Project have signed between the Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd (TCIL) and –
(a)Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
(b)Ministry of information and technology.
(b)Ministry of defence.
(c)Ministry of corporate affairs.
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd (TCIL) have signed an Agreement for the implementation of e-VidyaBharati and e-AarogyaBharati (e-VBAB) Network Project.
- The project is hailed as a digital bridge of knowledge and health between India and Africa.
e- VBAB Network project–
- E-VBAB Network Project is primarily a technological upgrade and extension of the Pan-African e-Network Project (Phase 1)which was implemented in 48 partner countries across Africa from 2009 till 2017.
- The Phase 1 of the Project successfully imparted tele-education (e-VidyaBharti) and tele-medicine (e-AarogyaBharti) by linking educational institutions and hospitals in India with those from the participating African countries.
- The e-VBAB Network Project will be completely funded by the Government of India for its entire duration and will be open for participation to all our partner countries in Africa.
- The Project will be another important milestone in our development partnership with Africa.