Question- Which of the following railway station became the first ‘All Women’s Railway Station’ of the country?
(a) Govindapur Railway Station
(b) Rewa Railway Station
(c) Giridih Railway Station
(d) Gandhi Nagar Railway Station
- On February 19th, 2018, the Gandhi Nagar railway station of Jaipur became the first ‘All Women Railway Station’ of the country.
- Previously, Matunga of Mumbai had been made ‘All Woman Station’, but it is a Sub-Urban Railway Station.
- A total of 40 women will be crew from Station master to Gateman at the Gandhinagar Railway Station.
- North-Western Railway experimenting uniquely has given all the responsibilities (Posts) to women viz. Station master, engineer, ticket clerk, chief reservation supervisor, flag indicator, point man and gateman.
- Women will only be inducted in the GRP team too that will be posted in the security of this.