सामयिक विषय: Year, Day & Week
Question: National Youth Day is celebrated in India on 12 January, In which of the following year Government of India declared the day as the National Youth Day?
- 33rd National Youth Day was celebrated in India on 12 January 2017.
- The is celebrated on the birthday of one of India’s most revered spiritual leaders, Swami Vivekananda.
- 12 January 2017 marked the 154th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda.
- In 1984 the Government of India declared the day as the National Youth Day and since 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- Swami Vivekananda was born on 12 January 1863 in Kolkata.
- His real name was Narendranath Dutt.
- He representing India at the 1893 Parliament of the World Religions in Chicago.
- On 11 September 1893, Swami Vivekananda delivered his historic speech in Chicago & won many hearts & minds.
- Vivekananda founded the Ramakrishna Math and the Ramakrishna Mission in west Bengal.
- He was chief disciple of the 19th century saint Ramakrishna Paramhamsa.
- On 4 July 1902 he passed away.
Question: Indian Army celebrated 15th January as ‘Army Day’ to commemorate the day when General K.M Carriappa took over the command of Army from-
(a) General Sir F.R.R Bucher
(b) General Sir William
(c) General Sir John Shore
(d) None of the above
- On 15 January 2017 Indian Army celebrated 69th ‘Army Day’.
- It is celebrated to commemorate the day when General (later Field Marshal) K.M Carriappa took over the command of Army from General Sir F.R.R Bucher, the last British Commander-in-Chief in 1949.
- K.M Carriappa became the first Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army post Independence.