सामयिक विषय: Year, Day & Week
Question: On April 24th, 2017, ‘National Panchayati Raj Day’ was celebrated across the country. The day is observed in the celebration of enforcement of which of the followings Constitution Amendment Act-
(a) 62th Constitution Amendment Act
(b) 74th Constitution Amendment Act
(c) 73rd Constitution Amendment Act
(d) 91st Constitution Amendment Act
- On 24 April 2016 National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated across the country.
- The 24 April marks the passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force with effect from 24 April 1993.
- This amendment, In turn, had lead to institutionalization of Panchayati Raj (PR) through the village, Intermediate and District level Panchayats.
- So this day is celebrated on 24th April every year as anniversary.
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in the year 2010.
- It is worth noting that a new Chapter 9 and 11th schedule was added to the Indian Constitution by the 73rd Amendment Act.
- Various programs were organized across the country on this occasion.
- Following has been launched at this occasion-
- You-Tube Channel of Ministry of Panchayati Raj with short films on Best Practices and schemes of Government of India.
- Sharing of audio-visual capacity building content for Panchayati Raj Institutions through instant messaging apps over smart phones to elected members of Panchayats.
- Release of quarterly magazine with QR codes and its online version for access to PRIs over mobile phones.
- National awards viz., Deendayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar, Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar to be conferred upon Panchayati Raj Institutions and e-Panchayat Puraskars to State Governments.
Question: on April 23rd, 2017, ‘World Book and Copyright Day’ was celebrated all over the world. Which of the following cities has been chosen this year as the ‘World’s Book Capital’?
- On April 23rd, 2017, World Book and Copyright Day was celebrated across the world.
- World Book and Copyright Day is an opportunity to highlight the power of books to promote our vision of knowledge societies.
- This year, the African country of Guinea, Conakry has been chosen as World Book Capital.
- UNESCO created the World Book and Copyright Day in its General Conference, held in Paris in 1995, to pay a world-wide tribute to books and authors on this date, encouraging everyone.
- April 23 is a symbolic date in the world literature.
- On April 23rd, 1616, litterateur and author William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes and Inca Garci Lasso de la Vega were passed away.
Question: – On April 22, 2017, ‘World Earth Day’ was celebrated all over the world. Which campaign has been started for this day in 2017?
(a) Tree for the Earth
(b) Water for the Earth
(c) Earth and climate change
(d) Environment and Climate Literacy
- On April 22, 2017; World Earth Day was celebrated all over the world.
- ‘World Earth Day’ is also celebrated as ‘International Mother Earth Day’.
- Keeping in mind this day in year 2017, Earth Day has started the Environmental and Climate Literacy Campaign.
- It is known that this day is being celebrated every year since 1970, to spread awareness about the Earth’s preservation.
- On April 22, 2009; United Nations given official recommendation to celebrate International Mother Earth Day.