सामयिक विषय: Year, Day & Week
Question: International Condom Day is celebrated on-
(a) 12 February
(b) 17 February
(c) 13 February
(d) 16 February
- On 13 February 2017; International Condom day was celebrated across the world.
- The theme for this year was “Condoms: ‘Always in Fashion!’”.
- It was celebrated to promote prevention of STDs (Sexual Transmited Disease), HIV and unwanted pregnancies through free condom distribution and safer sex awareness events and activities.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization in collaboration with various institutions celebrate this day globally.
Question- What was the theme of the International Mother Language Day?
a) Promoting your Mother Language
b) Promoting English as medium of conversation
c) Learning through Mother Language
d) Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education
• UNESCO celebrated International Mother Language Day (IMLD) on February 21, 2017.
• The theme of this year’s International Mother Language Day was “Towards Sustainable Futures through Multilingual Education”.
• In line with the theme of this day education in mother tongue and other languages was encouraged to foster sustainable development.
• It is through the mastery of the first language or mother tongue that the basic skills of reading, writing and numeracy are acquired.
• Local languages, especially minority and indigenous, transmit cultures, values and traditional knowledge and play an important role in promoting sustainable futures.
Question: World Radio day is observed on …
(a) 13th February
(b) 12th February
(c) 11th February
(d) 10th February
- World Radio Day was observed on 13th February, 2017. World Radio Day is now in its 6th year.
- The Theme for World Radio Day 2017 is “Radio is You”.
- Radio is still the most dynamic, reactive and engaging medium. It is adapting to 21st century changes and offering new ways to interact and participate.
- Radio is uniquely positioned to bring communities together and foster positive dialogue for change. It provides the diversity of views and voices needed to address the challenges we all face.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi greeted all Radio lovers on this occasion and asked to keep the medium active and vibrant.