सामयिक विषय: Treaty & Agreements
Question: The recent Memorandum of Understanding between India and Australia approved by the Union Cabinet pertains to …
(a) Civil aviation security
(b) Nuclear Plant Security
(c) National infrastructure security
(d) None of the above.
- On 22nd February, 2017, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security.
- The MoU will provide an opportunity to Indian aviation security authorities to share the expertise of their Australian counterparts and enhance the overall aviation security environment in India.
- The MoU will provide compliance of international obligation as well as enhance promotion in the area of security cooperation between the two countries.
Question: Warsaw is a historic famous city of …
(b) The Netherlands
Related Fact :
- On 22nd February, 2017, The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved signing of an Agreement between India and Poland on cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors.
- The agreement covers various activities in the field of agriculture and allied sector including exchange of information on the current situation in agriculture, the phytosanitary conditions of crops, threats posed by harmful organisms and the threats posed by animal infectious diseases.
- It also covers the participation in fairs, exhibitions, seminars and conferences related to agriculture and agri-food processing; undertaking and developing joint economic initiatives including the support or agri -food trade between the states of the Contracting Parties.
- The Agreement provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) comprising of representatives from both countries. The JWG will prepare plans of cooperation and to provide solutions to the problems arising during the implementation of the Agreement.
Question: Greece is officially known as … .
(a) The Hellenic Republic
(d) None of the above.
- On 22nd February, 2017, Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing of Air Services Agreement between India and Greece.
- The Agreement has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange between the two countries bringing it in tune with the developments in the civil aviation sector.
- It will create environment for enhanced and seamless connectivity while providing commercial opportunities to the carriers of both the sides ensuring greater safety and security.
- The essential features of the agreement are as follows:
- Both countries shall be entitled to designate one or more airline.
- The designated airlines of either country shall have the right to establish offices in the territory of the other country for the promotion end sale of air services.
- The designated airlines of the two countries shall have fair and equal opportunity to operate the agreed services on specified routes.
- The designated Airline of each party can enter into cooperative marketing arrangements with the designated carriers of same party, other party and third country.
- As per the Route Schedule, the Indian carriers can operate to Athens, Thessaloniki, HerakIion and any 3 points to be specified later in Greece from points in India, whereas the carriers of Hellenic Republic can establish direct operation to 6 metros viz. New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai.
- Any points shall be available as intermediate and beyond point for the designated carriers of India as well as the designated carriers of Greece.
- At present there is no such agreement between India and Greece. The delegations of two sides met in New Delhi on 6-7th September, 2016 and finalized the text of Air Services Agreement.
- The agreement is as per latest International Civil Aviation Organisation template keeping in view the latest developments in civil aviation sector and with an objective to improve the air connectivity between the two countries.
- It is to be noted that Greece is officially known as The Hellenic Republic.