सामयिक विषय: Planning & Project
Question: What is the capacity of the floating Solar Photo Voltaic plant installed at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant Kayamkulam, Kerala?
(a) 50 KWp
(b) 75 KWp
(c) 100 KWp
(d) 25 KWp
- On 10th March, 2017, A 100 kWp Floating Solar Photo Voltaic plant was inaugurated at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant (RGCCPP) Kayamkulam, Kerala.
- This is the largest of its kind in India as on date and has been indigenously developed as a part of ‘Make In India’ initiative.
- This floating platform has been developed by NETRA (NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance), the R&D arm of NTPC Ltd, in collaboration with Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chennai and patent has been applied.
- The system was installed by Swelect Energy Systems Ltd, Chennai with support from NETRA & NTPC Kayamkulam station in a short span of 22 days.
- It has various benefits like conserving water through reduction of evaporation, increased generation due to cooling effect on the panels, reduced installation time etc and could be installed on saline water environment.
- Installation potential of such type of systems in India is huge because of abundance of water bodies, within NTPC, the potential is approx. 800 MWp in various reservoirs in existing stations.
- Particularly in Kerala, due to availability of water bodies and lack of presence of enough land, this type of system has a great potential.
Question: When was the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) established?
- On 15th March, 2017, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi approved the proposal for opening of 50 new Kendriya Vidyalayas under Civil / Defence Sector in the country.
- The decision was taken keeping in view the high demand for these schools for their quality of education and excellent results.
- The total project cost based on Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan norms for the proposed 50 new KVs is Rs.1160 crore.
- New KVs will be opened from classes I to V. Every year one higher class upto class XII with two sections in each class will be added.
- These new KVs when fully functional will provide quality education to approximately 50,000 students in addition to the approximately 12 lakh students already studying in present KVs.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan was established in November, 1962 to cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education.
- There are at present 1142 functional Kendriya Vidyalayas under the KVS including three abroad at Moscow, Kathmandu and Tehran.
- The Kendriya Vidyalayas are considered as model schools in the country in terms of physical infrastructure, teaching resources, curriculum and academic performance.
Question: On the occasion of International Women’s Day, a helpline was launched by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to help women in crisis situation. What is the number of this helpline?
- On March 8, 2017; a helpline was launched by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to help women in crisis situation.
- The service number of this toll free helpline is 181.
- This Helpline will be available 24 × 7 in all the districts of the state.
- This helpline will provide instant help to women affected by violence.
- Apart from this, information will be provided about government schemes and programs related to women and many other services.