सामयिक विषय: Planning & Project
Question: Which of the following ministry has launched a dedicated web portal ‘ShaGun’ for the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan ?
(a) Ministry of Rural Development
(b) Ministry of Home Affairs
(c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
(d) Ministry of Human Resource Development
- On 18 January 2017; Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar launched a dedicated web portal ‘ShaGun’ for the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan at New Delhi.
- ShaGun’ aims to capture and showcase innovations and progress in Elementary Education sector of India by continuous monitoring of the flagship scheme – Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA).
- ShaGun, which has been coined from the words ‘Shala’ meaning Schools and ‘Gunvatta’ meaning Quality, has been developed with a twin track approach.
- The Union HRD Minister also unveiled the ‘Toolkit for Master Trainers in Preparing Teachers for Inclusive Education for Children with Special Needs’, The SSA ShaGun web portal can be accessed at http://ssashagun.nic.in.
- It has been prepared by World Bank in collaboration with Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Question: Consider the following statement –
1.’SEZ-India’ application has been launched by the Reserve Bank of India.
2.The app has four sections.
Which of the above statements is/are true-
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both (1) and (2)
(d) None of the above
- On 6 January 2017 A Mobile app named “SEZ India” has been launched by the Commerce Secretary on 06.1.2017.
- SEZ Division, Department of Commerce under its broader e-Governance initiative i.e. SEZ Online System, has developed mobile app for Special Economic Zones (SEZs).
- The app is available on Android Platform for use by SEZ Developers, Units, officials and others.
- The app has four sections i.e. SEZ Information, SEZ Online Transaction, Trade Information, and Contact details.
1.SEZ Information : This is a compendium of the SEZ Act, 2005, SEZ Rules, 2006, MOCI Circulars, details of SEZs and Units etc. It gives up to date comprehensive details on all the above aspects.
2.TRADE Information: This provision gives access to important information / tools such as Foreign Trade Policy, Hand Book of procedure , Duty Calculator , Customs & Excise Notification and MEIS Rates.
3.Contact Details: We see that the contact details of all Development Commissioners Office, DGFT, DG System, DGCI & S and SEZ online.
4.SEZ online Transaction :This is a dynamic submenu that tracks the Bill of Entry / Shipping Bill processing status and also does verification. The app also helps the Importers / Exporters to track the status of ‘Bill of Entry / Shipping Bill” integration and processing in the EDI system of the ICEGATE.
- ICEGATE stands for the Indian Customs and Central Excise Electronic Commerce/Electronic Data interchange (EC/EDI) Gateway.